July 25, 2011

finding my song again

I recently spent a week on the mountain at a camp that has been a part of my life since the age of 4 or 5.  After missing a dozen or so years, due to work and life and busy-ness, I made a commitment to attend the 50th Anniversary.  It was the first week of vacation I've taken for pure rest and relaxation since 2008, and how wonderful it was - precious time spent with forever friends, and making memories with some new and dear friends, too.

What better way to recharge and reconnect than to spend one's days singing and learning really good, really challenging music?  It couldn't have come at a better time.  I felt more like myself after a week on the mountain than I have in a long time in the trenches of daily life . .  . which has lead me to question why.  Of course, anyone can feel rested and relaxed after a week away from the normal routine.  But I found my voice while I was on the mountain - literally and figuratively . . . I didn't even know it was missing.  I've gone silent in a lot of ways over the past few years - I'm humming again around the house, and my heart and mind are humming too!

There are several things I can identify as reasons why I went silent.  Some that were puzzling, and some that cut deep and have left a lasting pain.  I'm going to use this blog to work through some of them.  But right along those disappointments, there have been some amazing blessings and amazingly wonderful changes that have left me deliriously happy and content!

I've been overwhelmed by a sense of focus and purpose the past few weeks.  I'm working diligently towards some really big changes, and I am excited to see doors of opportunity opening.

God has a way of stretching us, doesn't He.  Usually in ways we never thought possible, but isn't it wonderful to see the growth in real time?

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Sarabeth I am always blessed to get a glimpse of you...whether it's in person or on your blog. I love your heart and your passion and I am honored to be your friend. I'm SO glad you are writing again. And I LOVE the post on Veterans day...now I have a prayer to post for my family members and all the others serving our country. Thank you for sharing it. Miss you again already!